Nourish Handbook - An ebook to improve your relationship with food
In our quest for better nutrition, we have become obsessed with nutrients and lost sight of actual food. Somewhere along this quest, many people seem to have forgotten how to eat. We’re bombarded with messages that promote restriction, extremes, fear and the shaming of others.
You CAN regain trust in your body to tell you what, when and how much to eat, rather than following prescriptive diets or meal plans.
In this e-book, Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Nutritionist, and co-founder of The Moderation Movement, Zoe Nicholson, explains why diets don't work, that there's no "bad" foods, and offers practical tips to help you begin your journey towards Intuitive Eating.
- Zoe's story - How and why she came to stop selling weight loss
- The evidence - why diets don't work
- An explanation of Intuitive Eating
- Why no food itself is unhealthy or bad for you
- Common drivers for over-eating
- 'The Food Police' - our inner voice that influences our food choices
- How to deal with external messages that shame our choices
- A food based mindfulness practice for you to do at home
- How to know if you're making a suitable food choice
- Recommended resources: Dietitians, Books, Facebook pages, Studies
A PDF that can be viewed on computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
"I was looking forward to these books arriving, and they have both surpassed my expectations. Love, love, LOVE the easy-to-read and very personable style - it's like Jodie and Zoe are speaking directly to me and giving me new ways of thinking about movement, food and the world around us, but without the judgement and shame that so many other exercise or nutrition books carry. I want to make these books required reading!" - Tilly (Australia)
"I just purchased your book and am sooo excited to read it. I started following you in 2014 and soon you changed my relationship with food. Before I followed you I was afraid of carbs and didn't want to eat after 6pm. I don't do that anymore. Your words, stories, and advices are so so helpful for me and I know there is still a long way to go for me, but I think I'm on the right track. Thank you for what you are doing and sharing your different point of view - so different to anything else on social media." - Mel (Germany)